Mission & Values
© Fernando Calderón
The Housing Committee of the Organisation d’Éducation et d’Information Logement de Côte-des-neiges (ŒIL) is a non-profit organization founded in 1971 and funded primarily by Centraide and the Secretariat for Autonomous Community Action and Social Initiatives (SACAIS).
The organization aims to improve housing conditions in the Côte-des-Neiges district by informing and by supporting tenants in their works.
The main objectives of the organization are:
- Inform the residents of their housing rights and resources in order to help them improve their housing conditions.
- To accompany tenants in their work.
- Support vulnerable people by acting against the deterioration of housing and unsanitary conditions
- Promote solidarity, regrouping, and mobilization of the inhabitants of the district, therefore allowing joint actions on citizen demands concerning housing.
- Represent less privileged residents and defend their interests with the various levels of the government.
- Fight against the gentrification of the Côte-des-Neiges district.
- Participate in the development of social housing in the neighborhood.
Our services are free and confidential and are:
- Information on your rights and resources.
- Assistance in writing letters to the landlord.
- Sending complaints to the housing code.
- Help in preparing for a hearing at the Administrative Housing Tribunal.
- Visiting the housing